American business ideas and the people whom came up with them are by far some of the most innovative and forward thinking people in the world. Americans are now and have always been, in general, very creative people but it seems that American business people have found ways to turn the needs of the masses into successful business models. Even as early as the Revolutionary War when a group of sea baring men called Privateers were in business to help support the meager naval fleet against the enemies, for a fee of course.
The earliest great American business ideas were land companies. They would cordon off a section of land and sell the parcels for a tidy profit. People were so hungry to own land they would literally race for the parcel that most suited them. As the country grew so did the formation of companies that could provide products for the American population. There were the “big” industries like transportation, public works, communication, publishing, and utilities as well as more specialized businesses like pencil making, clock making, and candle making, etc. Personal services were some other great ideas for businesses; dressmaking, hairdressing, and the like.
American Business Ideas – The People
Great American business ideas and business models have been the bedrock for many of our most famous and wealthy business people. From Jefferson to Gutenberg, Rockefeller to Carnegie, and today’s Walton family (Wal-Mart), Bill Gates (Microsoft), Michael Dell (Dell Computers), and Mark Zuckerman (Facebook), these are people whom have found huge economic success by coming up with great ideas to base businesses on.
American Business Ideas – The 21st Century
Of course these are all extraordinary people whom have come up with extraordinary ideas. What ideas are good for the ordinary person looking to be their own boss and work from the comfort of their own home office? One of the fastest growing and most forward thinking American business ideas for work at home entrepreneurs is the business of online marketing. This is a field that allows ordinary people to make extraordinary income. The idea of reaching billions of people, not just in America but worldwide, that might take a good look at your business or product can be extremely profitable. Most people today already have a home computer and internet connection and it is not necessary to attain any sort of degree of higher learning, which makes internet marketing a very accessible career for any entrepreneur. In addition, training is readily available through various “internet gurus” who give “webinars” and “teleseminars” to teach you what techniques and strategies are working right now.
Will you be the next Randolph Hearst or Steve Jobs? Well, maybe. Can you get into a field that is fast becoming a great American business idea? Yes, you can. Find a product or company that you want to promote and get some training from experienced people in the field and you will be well on your way. With drive and creativity, with passion and perseverance, the sky is the limit for your ultimate success in the 21st Century’s best American business idea.
I have to tell you the truth. There is a ton of information out there about making money from home. Jean de La Fontaine, a famous French poet once said, “All roads lead to Rome”. There is a certain truth to that, I’ll tell you. You can earn money just by working from home through many ways. However, in this case, why don’t we just pick one road and stick with that road until we get the result we so desire?
Tell me, are you aware of the following statistics? According to a survey conducted by Nielsen Online, 1.29 billion people buy products through the internet nowadays. In 2009, there is an estimated of 131.9 billion dollars of sales happened from the internet. Bottom line, internet is growing, and the potential market is limitless. The whole world population is your potential customers.
Now you can earn from the internet by means of several ways. Still, if you are a total newbie, I will say that affiliate marketing is the best way after all. Do you know that you can potentially earn additional $500-$1000 per month just by doing a single affiliate marketing campaign alone? It is really an easy home business idea, something that everyone can do right away. Nevertheless, not everyone can succeed.
One guaranteed method to succeed is, in my opinion, by copying a successful, respected, well-known mentor and follow what he or she did exactly. Choose a solid mentoring or training program and follow everything your mentor did. You can never go wrong with that. Now, the top three pitfalls that most people fall into when choosing their program and start doing business from home for the very first time are:
• Scams /Get Rich Quick Schemes – There are many fraudsters out there who want nothing more than to leech off your hard-earned money. I often saw ads that say, “Earn $2000-$3000 just by typing from home”. This kind of ad is improbable and unrealistic, which is most likely one of internet marketing scams.
How to avoid: Remember, earning money is never as easy as it sounds. If it is too good to be true, it probably is. Thomas Alva Edison said, “Success is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration”. Work hard, work smart, never give up, and earn your success. You can’t get rich overnight. Be on the lookout for this quick get rich money scheme, and steer clear out of it if you see one.
• Rip-Offs – Over-priced mentoring program or maybe a whole bundle of free e-books or programs and then sold at an exorbitant price. Why would you pay for some program or e-books when you can get them free somewhere else, legally?
How to avoid: Perform your due diligence and search for any information regarding the product or program you are about to buy. Don’t just fall for the hype. One place where you can get invaluable information, at no cost, about internet marketing products review is IM Report Card
• Inconsistency – You bought a good, solid program. The next day, you come across an appealing program while you are scouring the web. Unable to resist the offer, you buy the program. It keeps happening weeks and weeks after. Next thing you know, you are left with thousands of dollars on your credit card bill, and zero in your bank account. Too much information and no action whatsoever will prove to be harmful to you.
How to avoid: Stick to one particular method or program until you make money. Model a successful mentor. Check his or her credentials. Why should he or she be the one who shall teach you to earn money from the internet? Once you settle on his or her program, do precisely what your mentor did. Copy it. Adapt and improve if you need to, but stick to one plan and focus all your efforts on that plan until you succeed.
One of the biggest differences that I notice that separate people who are really truly happy from everyone else, is that those who radiate happiness are passionate about something in their lives. Recently I went on a site visit with some clients that I work with who are interested in putting a business together. They had done a few feasibility studies but couldn’t really decide which direction they wanted to head in. I had the chance to take them on a tour of a business that had some similar components to the kind of operation they were thinking of running. The group left the visit unable to decide the direction they wanted to head in.
They had three initial goals: be able to grow and sustain the organization, be able to hire people with disabilities, and be able to turn a profit. The one thing they lacked was passion. I very carefully chose the business that I took them to for the tour. The owner of that business has passion oozing from every cell of his body and his enthusiasm is highly contagious. When the group asked him what made his company so successful his response was: “That’s what I do.”
After listening to this gentleman for more than two hours the group walked away with this lesson: You have to have passion to be a success. You have to live, breathe, and feel your work. Without passion you are just going through the motions and you will not succeed, or your success will be short-lived. Find your passion before you invest your money, before you invest your efforts in developing a business plan, before you invest your time and energy into a business.
The group that I was working with left the tour with a few ideas. They went back to meet with their board of directors and they have narrowed down some choices that they are at least a little bit passionate about. With some more research, and site visits to various businesses hopefully they can find a business idea that they will truly be passionate about, and can implement with great success.
If you find that your happiness quotient is low and that you’re lacking a bit of passion in your life, here are some steps to get back on track:
1) Make note of what excites you. Carry a small notepad or notebook around for a week. When you are feeling happy, jot down what in particular is generating that feeling of happiness.
2) Take a trip to a book store. What section do you gravitate towards?
3) Spend some time in solitude. Let your mind wander a bit. Listen to your thoughts
4) If you could spend a whole entire week doing anything that you wanted, what would it be?
5) If you told someone else “That’s what I do!” what would it be in regard to?
Whether developing a business or not, we all need a certain level of happiness and passion in our lives. I am sure that on some level, we all know this but with all of the day-to-day activities in our lives we often forget this lesson.
Starting a business as a woman can be challenging yet rewarding. Many women really struggle to decide how to get started making money with their own profitable business. By finding and embracing their passions women can succeed and thrive. Here are some ways to use your passions to get started with your own business.
1. Make a list of all of your passions, hobbies and interests. In order to get started with your business, you first need to have written down on paper all of the things that you enjoy doing and are passionate about. You will use this list to finalize your business plan and to brainstorm about your options.
2. Evaluate your list and write down notes about what you could possibly do with each passion to create a business. For example, if you enjoy crafts and sewing, you could teach classes about how to make your items or you could open a boutique in which to sell your creations.
3. Do some research. Go online and explore business options based on your list of passions. Take note of any interesting websites or any people you find who are already making money with the same thing. If possible take your research a step further and contact a few people who are already doing what you are considering doing. Attempt to find out as much as you can about what it takes to get started.
4. Survey your friends, family, neighbors and acquaintances. Ask them if you were to start a business based on a passion or two that you have chosen, would they support you? Do they have any advice for you?
5. Depending upon the money and materials needed, you may want to test your business idea by either creating samples of your product or by creating a simple website explaining your business, products and services. You want to avoid taking it too far without being committed to going into business so how much you do really depends upon the resources needed to do this. Show your website or samples to as many people as possible and get some feedback on how profitable you think your business will be.
6. Get started. Even if you are hesitant, once you have done your homework and there is reasonable evidence that your passion can be turned into a business, then it’s time to take the plunge and just do it. Make sure to be official by getting a state business license and setting up a separate checking account. You also want business cards to be one of if not your first business purchase.
7. Go forward in your business with just as much passion as you have with the product or service you have chosen. Make sure that everyone you know is aware that you have started a business. Set aside blocks to time to work on your business and stay with it for the long-term. When you are passionate about what you are doing, you can be very successful as long as you are motivated and you are willing to do what it takes to succeed.
Using your passions to start and run a successful business as a woman will make your choice to become self-employed much easier. Take the time to find a way to learn how to turn your passions into money and you will be surprised at how much more profitable and pleasant your business will be.
Starting business is never easy enough. You will always be burdened by decision-making and having the right mindset is your only means to get through it. Starting a small business is not very different from starting a big one. In fact, most businesses sprout from the utilization of a single idea that works in the market.
Identifying this idea is the start of your endeavor. You need to take that extra step into finding one idea that suits you and one that will work for your advantage in the market. In starting business, defining the factors that affect the way you will consider a business idea is necessary in finding one.
A successful business starts from a business idea that works for the people within the market. In choosing an idea to use for your business you need to take into account several things that will be useful in choosing the business that will be good for you.
Passion. It is important to choose what is within your interest as an individual. A business that you are passionate about will be good for you because you can always find a way to make it marketable. You can always add something that will make it more competitive in the market because you know the things that need to be innovated within the range of your interests.
Market. What is in demand? This is a consideration that you need to really think about. Even if you are passionate about a certain business idea, if it is difficult to create a need for it in the market, chances are, your idea will not work. The market is an important aspect of your business. Therefore, in choosing an idea for your business, make sure to think about your prospects and how to create a demand for it in the market.
Costs and Availability. It is important that you know if it will fit your capital requirements. A business idea that will be suitable for you is one that you can spend for within your allotted capital. Its availability also needs to be identified. This way, you can provide your clients with better service with an available business idea that you will choose to work on.
Commitment. A new business idea can be an existing one. The one thing that will help you in taking it into a whole new level is the commitment that you can give toward making it marketable. Choosing a business idea will be so much easier if you know that you can commit to making it work to the best of your abilities.
Ultimately, choosing a business idea can be a difficult task. Having the right information regarding the business that you want to gamble into can make choosing worthwhile for you. Knowing these factors can help you take the first step toward starting your own business. Remember that in starting business,you can do all things with the right mindset and the right information. Taking that initial leap toward your desired business is attainable so what are you waiting for?